· What information this site gathers/tracks about you.
· What this site does with the information it gathers/tracks.
· With whom this site shares the information it gathers/tracks.
· This site’s opt-out policy.
· This site’s policy on correcting and updating personally identifiable information.
· This site’s policy on deleting or deactivating your name from our database.
We have a firm commitment to privacy. You should know that Summit Products gathers data only from registered users; we do not gather and store information about visitors to the site. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for Summit Products.
IP Address and Cookies
Some of the content you may access on this site is protected by copyright law. In order to be granted permission to use this copyrighted material, you must submit accurate, current, and true information about yourself and your intended use of the material. When you register and when you place an order for certain items, we ask you to give us the following Personally Identifiable Information:
· contact information (such as name and email address)
· unique identifiers (such as a Summit Products account number or social security number)
· and financial information (such as an account or credit card number)
You have the option to enter your personal information once, or enter it each time you return to the site to make another selection.
We will also maintain records of your transactions with the Summit Products system, including
· records of product and services you purchased
· records of your use of the Summit Products web site.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
· to process your order
· to process your payment
· to send your order to you
· to get in touch with you when such contact is necessary and is related to the purposes of the Summit Products system
· unique identifiers are used to verify your identity and as account numbers in our record system.
· financial information that is collected is used to bill you for product and service purchases
· to monitor the use of our system and look for ways to improve our services
We may disclose your contact information to others as follows:
· The Summit Products system provides its users with the ability to obtain software and content licenses from publishers. Each publisher may require that Summit Products disclose to it the names and other identifying information of the users to whom the publisher’s rights or permissions have been granted. Summit Products does not control the use of such information by publishers.
· Summit Products will disclose such information when required to do so by law or as requested by government or law enforcement authorities
Change/Modify Your Information
To modify information you previously provided, log onto Summit Products, enter your password, and edit your registration information as needed.
We recognize that security has become a critical issue for Internet users. Summit Products takes precautions to protect the integrity of your information and to avoid loss, theft, misuse or alteration. Summit Products uses industry-standard, commercially available technology, such as firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Encryption, to protect your registration and online transaction information. To check the security of your connection, look at the upper right-hand corner of your browser window after accessing the server. If you see a closed lock then your information will be encrypted as it is transmitted.
This site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information.
Summit Products will NOT knowingly:
a) collect online contact information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity.
b) collect personally identifiable offline contact information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior parental consent.
c) distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior parental consent.
d) give anyone under the age of 13 the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent within the children’s educational section of the web site.
e) entice by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, anyone under the age of 13 to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity.
This site contains links to other sites. Summit Products is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:
Crystal Lake, IL 60014